He who called you will not desert you but the moment you are in need he will stretch out his saving hand.
As a self-supporting religious community with little financial support from the Catholic Church, our Sisters have devoted their lives to serving others while asking for little in return. Today, we face the extraordinary challenge of funding eldercare. We ask for your prayers and financial support as we enter this next chapter.
Did You Know?
- Benefits from Social Security for a retired religious are a third of what the average U.S. beneficiary receives.
- The total cost of eldercare for women and men religious in the United States has exceeded $1 billion annually for each of the last eight years.
- With 33 Sisters in the U.S. Province, the Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk continue to decrease in size.
- The average age of our Sisters is 78 and 92% are above the traditional retirement age.
- The average annual Social Security benefit per Sister is $6,336.
- Social Security income for the entire U.S. Province is about $22,000 per month.
- By 2020, 95% of our Sisters will be above the retirement age of 65, with 55% over the age of 80.
There are many ways to support the retired Sisters that can be beneficial to you and our Sisters. For more information about how you can support the Sisters or how you can remember the Sisters in your estate plans, please explore Ways to Give or contact our Development Office at 631-363-2422, ext.8021.