Sister Anna (Brigid Mary) Ardiff, OSU died April 30, 2011, at the St. Ursula Center Convent in Blue Point, NY. She was born September 29, 1913, in Dublin, Ireland. She entered the congregation of the Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk on October 3, 1928, and professed her final vows seven years later. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Education from Manhattan College in 1955, and a Masters of Arts degree from St. John’s University in 1969.
Sr. Anna ministered for many years as a Teacher, Eucharistic Minister, and Lector. She began her teaching career in 1933 at Nativity Blessed Virgin Mary in Ozone Park, NY. After serving 23 years at Nativity, Sr. Anna went to teach at St. Maurice in Stamford, CT from 1956 to 1960 and St. Thomas the Apostle in West Hartford, CT from 1960-1966.
In 1966 she began teaching at Holy Family High School in Huntington, NY for four years before returning to Nativity for another eight years. From there she taught at Our Lady of Grace in Howard Beach for 20 years until 1998 when she retired. In retirement, she tutored English and Reading until 2000 when she came to Blue Point where she continued in a ministry of prayer.
She is survived by many nieces and nephews in the United States, Ireland, England, and Japan.
Her funeral mass was celebrated May 5th at the St. Ursula Center Chapel in Blue Point, NY followed by internment at the cemetery of the Ursuline Sisters in Blue Point.