St. Angela Merici

20, January, 2017Posted by :Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk

blog-img

Ursulines throughout the world trace their roots to St. Angela Merici. In 1535, Angela Merici, a spiritual leader in Brescia, Italy founded the Company of St. Ursula. Angela gather [...]

KEEP READING

Father John Lambertz

20, January, 2017Posted by :Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk

blog-img

In 1818, Father John Lambertz, the parish priest in Tildonk, Belgium, founded a new branch, the Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk. From Belgium, the Ursulines of Tildonk expanded into pa [...]

KEEP READING

The U.S. Province

11, December, 2015Posted by :Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk

blog-img

In 1924, the pastor of Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Ozone Park, New York, visited the tomb of St. Angela in Brescia, Italy and prayed for Sisters to staff his school. Sho [...]

KEEP READING

The Blue Point Convent – St. Ursula Center

11, December, 2015Posted by :Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk

blog-img

In 1935, the Sisters purchased the Joseph Senger estate in Blue Point, New York and relocated the novitiate, previously in Ozone Park, to this new site. When the original building [...]

KEEP READING

The Future

11, December, 2015Posted by :Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk

blog-img

From the beginning, the Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk have moved from Italy to Belgium, Canada, the United States, India, Congo and Guyana to meet the changing needs of God’s p [...]

KEEP READING