Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk Bicentennial Celebration
The Congregation of the Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk will begin the bicentennial celebration of its founding. Starting on April 30, 2017, we begin the holy year of Jubilee throughout the congregation, ending on the 200th anniversary of the Congregation’s foundation on April 30, 2018.
We look back to 1818 with gratitude, when in a little village of Tildonk, Belgium, under the inspiration of Father John Lambertz, three young women desired to give themselves to the education of children. It was on April 30, 1818, on Ascension Day when the Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk began their work.
We remember with gratitude to those who have been our inspiration, St. Angela Merici, St. Marie of the Incarnation, Father John Lambertz and all our Sisters who have joined with the communion of saints. We also remember all those who accompany us every day in our mission of making God known and loved.
Prayer for the Bicentennial
Loving God, you chose Fr. John Lambertz to rekindle the flame of Faith, Hope, and Charity in the hearts of all the people for whom he cared.
Renew within us the same passion of our founder that we may be aglow with his spirit and be joyful witnesses of your Love and Compassion among the people whose lives we touch daily.
Explanation of Logo
We, the Ursuline Sisters have designed a new logo on the occasion of the bicentennial celebration of our foundation by Father John Lambertz in Tildonk, Belgium.
The logo exudes the jubilation that overflows from us in our mission, as we look with confidence and hope towards the future.
Each part of the logo has a meaning. The large letter “U” stands for Ursuline. The open book inside the “U” represents our history from the foundation in 1818 until the present. The colors express our unity in diversity.
A glowing heart burns with the fire of love to portray our gratitude for what our Congregation has been in the past and is in the present.
The leafy green tree opens wide, symbolizing a new flourishing of the charism, spirit, and fire of Fr. Lambertz, to be rekindled anew in our time. Its stem is intertwined with a cross showing a symbolic figure of Christ hanging on the tree of life.