Sister Mary Louise Grube, OSU, died November 23, 2010 at Good Samaritan Hospital in West Islip, NY. She was born July 12, 1918. She entered the congregation of the Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk on February 11, 1940 and professed her vows five years later. She received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Georgian Court in Lakewood, New Jersey.
Sr. Louise ministered for many years as a primary school teacher and music instructor. Her ministry was extensive and included teaching at Nativity BVM in Ozone Park, NY; Our Lady of Victory in West Haven, CT ; Our Lady of Grace in Howard Beach, NY; St. Thomas the Apostle in West Hartford, CT; St. Gregory the Great, Bellerose, NY; St. William the Abbot in Seaford, NY; and Holy Angels Regional School in Patchogue, NY.
Sr. Louise was a talented artist and musician. After retiring from teaching, Sr. Louise continued teaching piano privately. She also volunteered as an entertainer at several adult homes.
She continued in her ministry of spirituality and started a prayer group which still meets today at the St. Ursula Center. She was very active in the Cursillo movement. She was also a member of the Columbiettes of Patchogue #725.
The Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated November 29th at the St. Ursula Center Chapel, followed by internment at the cemetery of the Ursuline Sisters in Blue Point, NY.